Installing a concrete stoop is one of the fastest, easiest, and most cost-effective ways to boost your home’s curb appeal. In addition to giving your home a more inviting ambiance, a concrete stoop provides a homey space for people to sit, stand, and interact. Below is the approximate cost to add a concrete stoop to your home and the many different ways this simple addition will enhance your home’s visual appeal.
How Much Does It Cost to Add a Concrete Stoop to Your Home?
Before diving into the many benefits of adding a concrete stoop, it is helpful to know approximately how much will pay for labor and materials. While pricing varies with size and optional features, you can expect to pay between $900 and $2,000 to install a concrete stoop. The exact price you pay will depend on the following collection of variables:
- The overall length and width of your stoop
- The total number of stairs you decide to include
- The inclusion of specialty concrete or stamped concrete
- The addition of optional features such as decorative railings or customized paint
If you decide to move forward with this home upgrade, you will need to decide whether to try to build the concrete stoop on your own or seek the services of a professional installer. Whether you decide to “Do-It-Yourself” or hire a contractor, you should plan on the process taking the better part of a weekend.
What Are Five Ways Adding a Concrete Stoop Will Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal?
Many people find the cost of adding a concrete stoop to be relatively affordable compared to many other home modifications and additions. However, it’s always wise to make sure you will benefit from your investment. Fortunately, adding a concrete stoop is a fast, simple, and effective way to enhance your home’s appearance. Here are five ways a concrete stoop will boost your home’s curb appeal.
1. Give Your Home a More Inviting Appearance
If you are looking for a lightning fast way to give your home a more inviting appearance, adding a concrete stoop is a great option! Your new front stoop will become a clear pathway to your home’s front entry. In this way, adding a front stoop helps you keep the focus on your home’s front door.
2. Expand Your Outdoor Seating Options
For decades, front stoops have been a popular place for family and friends to sit side by side and enjoy the outdoors on a pleasant summer evening or weekend. If your home currently lacks a front stoop, you may not know what you have been missing. But once you add a front stoop to your home, you may not be able to envision your home without one.
You also may surprise yourself by sitting outside more frequently than you normally do. And when your neighbors and family see you enjoying yourself, they may decide to join you. Whether you decide to make yourself comfortable by sitting directly on the concrete or placing a couple of small chairs on your stoop, you may discover that your new outdoor stoop is your favorite seat in the house.
3. Customize Your Stoop to Reflect Your Style
When many people hear the word “concrete,” they imagine a dull, lifeless, cold slab of hard material. But there are countless ways to make sure your new front stoop conveys your personality. Here are a few ways you can customize your concrete stoop to capture your style:
- Add a touch of paint: You can spruce up a gray concrete stoop with a splash of color or vibrant trim. You can even paint a faux runner on your stoop to “roll out the red carpet” for visitors. Make sure you clean your stoop before painting it and use a synthetic roller to apply the paint.
- Place plants or lighting on your stoop: Planters, decorative pots, lanterns, and other types of lighting will give your concrete stoop a softer, cozier feel. Be sure you choose accessories that are not too large for your stoop; otherwise your favorite spot will start to look crowded.
- Add a decorative handrail: Adding a handrail is a way to make your stoop more attractive and functional. Be sure to choose one that complements your home’s decor and is sturdy enough to support plenty of weight.
4. Boost Your Home’s Accessibility
A concrete stoop is more than a cost-effective way to enhance your home’s appearance. Adding a small or large concrete stoop makes your home more accessible to friends, family members, guests, and any other visitors. By design, stoops help people approach and enter your front door more easily. If you frequently have visitors with limited mobility, consider adding decorative non-slip treads to each concrete step of your stoop.
5. Increase Your Home’s Value
“Want To Increase Your Home’s Value? Start With the Entrance.” This simple question/answer combination was the title of a recent New York Times article by Tim McKeough. The article focuses on enhancing a home’s entrance to boost curb appeal, which may account for up to 7 percent of a home’s sale price.
Adding a concrete stoop to an otherwise barren front door space will immediately spruce up your home’s entrance and make your entryway more attractive. And with the front door area being the first thing most people notice when they approach a home, a stoop can have a noticeable impact on your home’s perceived value.
The Bottom Line on Concrete Stoops
Adding a concrete stoop is an easy, affordable way to improve your home’s curb appeal. Aside from making your home look more inviting and accessible, a concrete stoop is an attractive addition because it can serve a variety of functional purposes. Before you move forward with your plans, make sure you consider the weather forecast, your budget, and your schedule. By planning in advance and installing your new concrete stoop with care, you will pave the way for superb results. Contact Richfield Concrete today to get started on your concrete stoop project.