1. Is your business registered with Minnesota’s Secretary of State
Is the registration current – Click Here to search for the company name, to make sure the registration is current.
2. Are you insured for liability and workman’s compensation?
This insurance, for at least $2 million, protects you and your property.
3. Is your Better Business Bureau rating high?
Click here to see Richfield Concrete’s superior BBB rating.
4. Is your company licensed in this city?
Licensing is not required in every city, but if your city requires a license, make sure the company you hire has the proper license.
5. Will you obtain any permits that are necessary?
Many cities require a permit for driveway construction, to help insure that the plans meet city requirements. A permit, where required, is absolutely necessary to avoid costly reconstruction or penalties.
6. Will underground utilities be marked before construction?
Electric, gas, phone, and cables should be located before any excavation takes place, to prevent possible damage.
7. Can I look at nearby driveways you have built?
Any driveway company should be proud to give you a list of driveways in your area. Drive by them to see the quality of the company’s work.
8. Do you have high ratings from a consumer rating group, like Angie’s List?
Richfield Concrete has frequently won the Angie’s List Super Service Award.
9. Will you explain exactly what sub-base I need, and why?
Sub-base requirements for concrete driveways vary from property to property. You should expect an explanation you can understand for your property.
10. Will any hidden costs show up on my final bill?
Unless unexpected changes or conditions occur, your final bill should be the same as the estimate. Any changes should be discussed fully with you before construction continues.